Following the First World War, labour was in short supply, with mowers requiring two people to operate them.

The mower pusher introduced in 1922 to motorise push mowers thereby requiring only one person to operate them.

The mower pusher was coupled to the rear of the mower with the operator sitting above a powerful 269cc Villiers two stroke engine, it was capable of pushing mowers up to 36in cutting width and also pulling heavy rollers.

Our exhibit is shown as found, and after an extensive restoration.

Very few of these machines have survived.

ABOUT US >

Museum situated within the South Downs Heritage Centre

Hassocks, West Sussex.

CONTACT >

T: 07833 306619

E: clive@museumofgardening.co.uk